Particle PhysicsAfter spending four years at Fermilab near Chicago as Guest Scientist, since 1991 I'm a staff physicist with INFN (Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare) in the Milano unit.
My research activity has always been focused on subnuclear and high energy Physics: first in beauty and charm quark photoproduction experiments at Fermilab, then in solar neutrino experiments at Laboratori Nazionali del Gran Sasso.
I'm involved in the largest hep experiment, ATLAS, taking data at LHC (Large Hadron Collider), at CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) at Geneva: the ATLAS paper about the Higgs boson.
Here is a list of more than 300 scientific publications and presentations at international conferences.
EnergyFollowing the experience developed during my research activity with silicon detectors, the same technology used to build photovoltaic cells, I approached and studied energy production issues.
• I'm currently teaching Fundamentals of Energetics for the Master degree in Physics at University of Milan.
• I'm the patent holder of the high efficiency photovoltaic cell, built with a “3D” technology, suited for high current. Both the base and the emitter can be realized in the silicon bulk: electrodes can than be built on the dark surface of the cell leaving the illuminated surface more efficient and not shaded by the contact grid.
• I teach Nuclear Reactors at University of Milan for the Master degree in Physics and in Chemistry.
• Member of the EPS Energy Group
• Member of the Euro-CASE Energy Platform